The Hawthorn Suites Philadelphia Airport is looking for Sales Manager to join our Team. This team member will be responsible to manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Travel to meet with clients in person and by telephone to solicit annual weekday and weekend business. Outside of the hotel 50% of the time on sales appointments. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal/written sales presentations to prospect clients. Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services. Conduct site inspections for prospective clients. Represent hotel at trade shows. Develop strategic account plans based on market. Achieve revenue goals consistently.
1. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with sales, hotel departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases.
2. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
3. Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process. Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
5. Travel locally to conduct outside calls, promote the hotel and review competition.
6. Proactively identifies operational challenges associated with his/her event and works with the hotel staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
7. Access and input data into a computer system to generate account history reports.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers. Basic knowledge of mathematics and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to interact with vendors and department heads. Hotel reservations & Sales and Catering software program knowledge is helpful.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent Hotels & Resorts. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish