Las Vegas, NV
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
* Answers and directs all external incoming telephone calls following Starwood’s telephone etiquette.
* Answers all internally generated guest and delivery-related associate calls.
* Dispatches delivery, security, banquets, engineering, housekeeping and others to the Service Express® Attendants.
* Takes room service orders from guests over the telephone. Enters orders into Micros system. Communicates special instructions to the kitchen and expediters. Up-sells Room Service orders.
* Posts room service charges, settles tickets, completes employee financial and closes day procedures.
* Takes call-in amenity and hospitality orders and organizes deliveries to guests.
* Has extensive knowledge of the Room Service and Beverage Menu and provides guests with further information than what is on the menu.
* Provides a professional and immediate response to guests concerning all menu items and their preparation.
* Answers guests’ questions and assists them with their needs, ensuring all requests are followed through and completed, either manually, written or through voicemail.
Handles guests’ complaints and takes action to resolve problems, communicates situation with manager on duty for resolution.
* Takes requests for wake-up calls and follows through to ensure guests receive their wake-up call at the requested time.
* Helps to identify process problems and deficient areas in the hotel and suggest solutions for permanent fixes.
* Follows all accounting procedures according to guidelines to ensure proper revenues and payment on accounts are received and credited.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all hotel and area events and activities so that guests will receive accurate and prompt information when requested.
* Greets guests with a cheerful and pleasant voice using guests’ names at least thrice during conversations.
* Uses Starwood approved Service Express® Technology to ensure delivery of timed orders and other requests at the designated times, following up with delivery and other staff to ensure completion.
* Performs functions of a concierge, their duties and requests, via telephone.
Responds to emergency situations calmly and effectively, according to hotel guidelines.
* May perform duties of Front Office Agent as needed.
* Creates an organized, cooperative, and well run work environment by completing shift checklist and following through on responsibilities.
* Performs other duties as requested by management.
Experience and Qualifications (Required):
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must possess basic computational ability.
* Must possess basic computer skills
* High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience and Qualifications (Preferred):
* Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
* Previous Starwood hotel experience preferred, but not required.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
* Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 7 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish