Front Desk Agent
Las Vegas, NV
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
* Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
* Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and credit information. Promote the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
* Accept payment for guests’ accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
* Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
* Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
* Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes.
* Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
* Assist guest with information regarding hotel facilities and local attractions.
* Book reservations for those guests who approach the Front Desk.
* Performs all other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications (Required):
* Prior luxury hospitality experience.
* High school or equivalent education preferred.
Experience and Qualifications (Preferred):
* Previous Starwood hotel experience preferred, but not required.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must possess basic computational ability.
* Must possess basic computer skills.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
* Must be able to walk and stand for the majority of the workday. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
* Talking and listening continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able operate office equipment such as computers, printers,10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filling cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, and other equipment as needed.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish