Director of Sales & Marketing
JOB OVERVIEW: Development and solicitation of business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance and repeat bookings needed for a successful and profitable hotel operation.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
2. Schedule and assign in detail, specific duties to all associates under supervision for the efficient operation of the Catering, Sales & Marketing Department and coverage of functions in accordance with productivity standards.
3. Tour and inspect banquet and meeting space on a daily basis, reporting necessary repairs.
4. Solicit new accounts and review previous banquet files to generate business. Oversee service of group functions once they are in house.
5. Create special themes and menus. Write banquet menus, memos, and send out amenities for VIP Guests. Review and revise Catering Department, weekly events sheets and banquet event orders. Formulate and make revisions to annual and monthly forecasts.
6. Negotiate, prepare and write contracts and enter information into the automated sales system.
7. Interact with clients to determine needs and direct staff accordingly. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries of potential guests.
8. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
9. Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Crescent standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
10. Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Catering, Sales & Marketing Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, star reports and Sales Meeting minutes.
11. Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
12. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Crescent programs.
13. Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
14. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
15. Initiate preparation of computerized annual Sales & Marketing Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
16. Organize and/or attend scheduled Catering, Sales and Marketing Department and related meetings.
17. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
18. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major required.
* 3 years experience in catering, sales and marketing, or a related professional area.
We are looking for a self-motivated Director of Sales & Marketing with solid leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with both new and existing clients. Solid organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills. Proven lead-generation and closing skills.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish