Sunny Isles, FL
To ensure that all food items received meet the approved criteria established by the hotel Food and Beverage/Purchasing Departments. Conducts a thorough, but prompt, inspection of every delivery to ascertain proper specification factors to determine acceptability.
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check shipment by comparing it with Daily Order Sheet and invoice to ensure that what we are receiving is what was ordered (quantity, price, quality state, size, count, weight tolerance and acceptable expiration date).
2. Fill out an error correction when necessary in duplicate to assure proper credit for amount of discrepancy and notify Store Room Manager immediately of shortage to arrange for a replacement.
3. If shipment is correct, time stamp and sign driver’s hotel copies of invoice. Place the hotel stamp on front side of invoice and sign next to ‘Received By”.
4. If shipment is received with delivery slip or memo invoice, follow same procedure and fill out a “goods received without invoice” form (completed after inspection).
5. Submit daily a progress report to Purchasing for outstanding deliveries.
6. Directs the traffic of all incoming items until they have been properly dated, priced, labeled or tagged. The pricing procedure is to be done by the Receiving Agent, out “as purchased”, i.e., per each, per pound, per case.
7. Labels all incoming bread and bakery deliveries as to outlet or banquet function.
8. Conduct random spot-checks of all perishable items for proper storing and packaging to guard against quality loss due to over-exposure to storage temperatures, improper rotation, etc.
9. Assists and directs inventory documentaries along with the Storeroom Manager is necessary.
10. Assists Storeroom Clerks in filling requisitions and sanitation maintenance daily.
11. Assist in conducting End-Of-Month Physical Inventory.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English.
Hospitality Experience is preferred.
Must be available for early AM for incoming delivery schedules.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Can communicate well with guests.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Must be able to lift 100lbs.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish