Oklahoma City, OK
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Essential job functions:
1. Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
2. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., “room care”).
3. Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
4. Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
5. Service the hotel’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
6. Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
7. Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
8. Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
9. Operation of heavy machinery.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must work PM shifts, weekends and holidays.
Must have the ability to communicate in English, can communicate well with guests
Comprehensive knowledge of machinery and electrical systems
Positive, energetic personality, willingness to learn and commitment to support and advance the image and reputation of the hotel.
At least 1 year maintenance or engineering experience, preferably in a full service hotel establishment.
Strong interpersonal verbal communication skills
HVAC/Heating and Cooling experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Exposure to extreme temperatures
Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs
Able to stand for long periods of time, reach above head level, bend, stoop, twist and lift.
Constant mobility, climbing, walking, bending, etc.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully preform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish