Front Desk Manager
Farmington Hills, MI
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with SOPS and LSOPs, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
4. Supervise the Guest Service Agents.
5. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
6. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
7. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have at least one year experience as a Front Desk Manager at a full service hotel, IHG brand preferred. Opera experience is also preferred.
Must be available to work rotating shifts.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even
disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can
communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with
their job duties and be a team player. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to
defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Basic mathematical
skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex
mathematical calculations without error. Ability to access and accurately input information
using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to stand, walk and continuously
perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency
situations. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of
room availability and revenues generated. Ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Crowne Plaza and its divisions are committed to expanding access to employment for people with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and your disability prevents you from applying through our website, please advise what reasonable accommodation Holiday Inn can provide to assist you in applying for one of our open positions. You may contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the open position for which you are applying.
Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation for applying for a specific posted position will be responded to. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.
Crowne Plaza is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish