Other duties include but are not limited to:
Deliver food from the kitchen to the relevant venue. Assist bartenders and servers with ensuring food quality for our guests and in retrieving any additional guest requests from the kitchen.
Maintain the cleanliness of the front of the house side of the kitchen line and ensure all flatware and other dishware is present. Call for additional supplies when needed. Take dirty linens to laundry at the end of the shift.
Assist with bussing tables and maintaining the cleanliness of the front of house areas.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may:
Assist servers and bartenders when necessary.
Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen.
Participate in the deep cleaning of the outlet.
(This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
1. Expedite food for consistency and quality in a timely manner.
2. Communicate between cooks and servers.
3. Ensure that aisle is set-up, re-stocked, and broken down each shift.
4. Maintain sanitation in aisle area to brand standards.
5. Replenish and maintain adequate service supplies and utensils on expo line.
6. Work with line staff to ensure adequate food and beverage items on the line by using proper requisitions and par lists.
7. Keep counters and shelves neat, clean, and polished.
8. Clean and sanitize all machines.
9. Clean out all refrigerators and reach-ins daily; label, date and rotate all food items.
10. Clean all sinks, drains, and tiles. Sweep and mop floors on aisles.
11. Complete storeroom requisitions and store all items in proper places with proper dating.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
– Must be able to read, write and speak English
– Must have open flexibility for scheduling, including, weekends and holidays
– Must have at least one year restaurant/bar serving experience.
– Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
– Must be able to lift and carry a tray weighing up to 30 lbs
– Must possess great customer relation skills and interact with guests in a warm and hospitable way
– Food and wine knowledge a must
– Will have the ability to describe all menu items, prices and methods of preparation and use suggestive selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties.
– Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, use of stairs, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Onsite physical attendance required
-Physical onsite attendance required
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-verify posters: English / Spanish. Right to Work Posters: English / Spanish