Your career journey with Crescent has countless options for you along the way. With positions ranging from internships to a variety of property and corporate roles, there is a world of options to discover. By sharing your profile with us, we can work together to find the right path for you.
When you think of teams, companies and opportunities there are always some that stand out above all others. That search is why you ended up here with Team Crescent. We stand out in our industry because we have belief in the people and the culture. Take that next step in the best part of your career journey by connecting with our hiring team. Don’t look back, as your future is a wonderful journey ahead!
The Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown is located just a few blocks from the dynamic Bricktown Entertainment District and directly attached to the Cox Convention Center. This landmark location in hospitality and is seeking a strong DIRECTOR OF SPECIAL EVENTS in our Sales and Catering Department! Operated by Crescent Hotels and Resorts, who is the leader in hospitality management, this property seeks upbeat individuals who love customer service and hospitality. Crescent offers exceptional benefits and is a company which consistently is rated a one of the best companies to work for.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales and Catering
Responsible for developing, planning and communicating all VIP events, to include but not limited to VIP Site Tours, Manager Receptions, Weddings, Galas, Fundraisers, Community Partnerships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Identifies, solicits and secures VIP events including but not limited to site tours, manager receptions, weddings, galas, fundraisers, community partnerships and other social event.
2. Maintain relationships with VIP guests/customers and vendors.
3. Tour and inspect banquet and meeting space on a daily basis, reporting necessary repairs.
4. Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations, collateral, promotions to prospective clients.
5. Work in partnership with the Director of Sales & Director of Banquets to ensure client’s expectations are met and there is a clear vision for the operation team.
6. Solicit new accounts and review previous banquet files to generate business.
7. Negotiate, prepare and write contracts and enter information into the automated sales system.
8. Generating maximum revenue.
9. Works in collaboration with Operations and Sales Team members to plan logistics for Special Events as it relates to banquet event orders, timelines, floor plans, guest count, holiday promotions and other related areas.
10. Plan and execute sales blitz to target all markets
11. Interact with clients to determine needs and communicate staff accordingly. Respond to telephone and walk-in inquiries of potential guests.
12. Assist in creating special themes and menus to customize the client’s experience.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Minimum of FIVE (5) years previous experience in full service hotel. Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Thorough knowledge of current wedding trends, food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of foods and beverage items. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 20 lbs. on an occasional basis. Ability to communicate and assist in creating special themes and menus to customize the client’s experience. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.