Your career journey with Crescent has countless options for you along the way. With positions ranging from internships to a variety of property and corporate roles, there is a world of options to discover. By sharing your profile with us, we can work together to find the right path for you.
When you think of teams, companies and opportunities there are always some that stand out above all others. That search is why you ended up here with Team Crescent. We stand out in our industry because we have belief in the people and the culture. Take that next step in the best part of your career journey by connecting with our hiring team. Don’t look back, as your future is a wonderful journey ahead!
Crescent Hotels and Resorts is The Employer of Choice and Team Crescent is the award-winning management Company with an extremely robust portfolio in North America. With a deep history of hiring and supporting highly accomplished individuals, we operate a very positive and attractive company, which has consistently ranked Crescent Hotels as a front-runner in hotel management. We offer an extremely robust career path, benefits and investment in our associates.
Located in the heart of Baltimore’s theater district and just three blocks from the Inner Harbor and Baltimore Convention Center, the Baltimore Complex Crowne Plaza Baltimore – Inner Harbor and Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor gives you easy access to all of the entertainment Baltimore has to offer as well as the most charming restaurants and shops in Charm City.
Combined our newly renovated hotels the Radisson and Crowne Plaza consist of a total of 703 rooms and suites with 19,000 square feet of unique function space, seasonal outdoor rooftop pool, Harbor Sports Bar & Grill, Lobby Lounge, Crowne Plaza Market, Crowne Plaza Workstations & Crowne Plaza Studio.
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform duties of Bellperson including assisting guests with luggage, performing pick-ups and drop-offs at the airport, assisting guests upon check-in and check-out and assisting with and checking luggage as needed.
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Show guests to room assisting them with their luggage.
2. Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
3. Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
4. Maintain the designated station in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
5. Open doors and greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Maintain the cleanliness of the bellstand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
7. Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
8. Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of intershift log.
9. Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
10. Perform pick ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles.
11. May perform the duties of a valet as required.
12. Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
13. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
14. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must be available to work weekends PM and AM shifts
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to communicate with guests, respond to questions, knowledge of hotel service, local area events and activities. Ability to drive vans, limousines and automobiles. Have an excellent driving record as verified by a Motor Vehicle Report. Ability to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage with sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to be able to load and unload luggage up to 75 lbs. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling and/or walking.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.