Your career journey with Crescent has countless options for you along the way. With positions ranging from internships to a variety of property and corporate roles, there is a world of options to discover. By sharing your profile with us, we can work together to find the right path for you.
When you think of teams, companies and opportunities there are always some that stand out above all others. That search is why you ended up here with Team Crescent. We stand out in our industry because we have belief in the people and the culture. Take that next step in the best part of your career journey by connecting with our hiring team. Don’t look back, as your future is a wonderful journey ahead!
The Element Skysong Hotel which is a new property and is proudly a member of the Marriott family and is Crescent Hotels and Resorts managed Property is currently in need of a line cook to prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per Crescent standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Crescent standards.
7. Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.\
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Minimum Requirements: Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a kitchen environment. Must also have the ability to communicate in English.
Additional Qualifications: Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Physical Requirements: Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Additional Information: No relocation at this time. Only candidates with prior Kitchen experience will be considered. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Crescent Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.