Your career journey with Crescent has countless options for you along the way. With positions ranging from internships to a variety of property and corporate roles, there is a world of options to discover. By sharing your profile with us, we can work together to find the right path for you.
When you think of teams, companies and opportunities there are always some that stand out above all others. That search is why you ended up here with Team Crescent. We stand out in our industry because we have belief in the people and the culture. Take that next step in the best part of your career journey by connecting with our hiring team. Don’t look back, as your future is a wonderful journey ahead!
Summary: Increase group room and contributing revenue (Banquet Food and Beverage, Resort Fees, Room Rental, and if required Golf & Spa, by increasing production of existing accounts as well as developing new accounts. This position requires a minimum of 50% hunting for new business with a remainder of growing share of existing accounts. Meet established sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as outlined in the Revenue Generation Plan, as well as carry out necessary job functions that may not be directly related to group room nights sold.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Prospect for new group business.
* Prospect for new group business.
* Respond to inquiries and requests for proposals.
* Plan for and execute predetermined number of sales trips in feeder cities.
* Attend industry events as indicated in Rev Gen Plan.
* Establish a strong partnership with regional representation companies.
* Monitor operational execution of accounts with all departments.
* Research client room night histories for previous meetings and manage the room block from the time of the booking until the meeting begins.
* Plan for and execute sales presentations in local or feeder cities.
* Must be team oriented.
* Maintain in-depth electronic and paper account files.
* Update database on a continual basis.
* Understand sales strategies and tactics of competitor hotels.
* Negotiate all rates for group accounts within the guidelines of our budgeted average rate.
* Excellent group presentation, writing, speaking and training experience and skills.
* Strong business analysis skills with the ability to understand and manage complex sales.
* Excellent negotiating skills with the ability to develop and execute account marketing plans and write detailed proposals.
* Maintain accurate account files and provide rapid response and follow up to account service needs.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Ability to be a leader within the hotel interacting with all levels of clients and management.
Qualification Requirements: An individual must have at least 2 years hotel sales experience or proven sales performance in similar field. Must have met or exceeded a minimum of $1 Million annual Group Sales Goal. Must be motivated to achieve quarterly individual and annual team bonus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Delphi and property management knowledge are a plus.
Education and Experience: Two years prior hotel sales experience a must. Bachelors Degree required.
Language Skills: Excellent service skills including etiquette and ability to work with the public. Knowledge of communications skills, organization skills, ability to deal with diverse clientele, golf knowledge.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to provide and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to spend 50% of working day sitting and other 50% standing or walking. Must be able to walk entire length of property for site inspections. Ability to read a computer screen from a distance of 1-3 feet. The employee is required regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. Must present self in a mature professional manner.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to email@example.com. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.