Your career journey with Crescent has countless options for you along the way. With positions ranging from internships to a variety of property and corporate roles, there is a world of options to discover. By sharing your profile with us, we can work together to find the right path for you.
When you think of teams, companies and opportunities there are always some that stand out above all others. That search is why you ended up here with Team Crescent. We stand out in our industry because we have belief in the people and the culture. Take that next step in the best part of your career journey by connecting with our hiring team. Don’t look back, as your future is a wonderful journey ahead!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and ensure associate compliance with all departmental/hotel policies and procedures.
2. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
3. Establish the day’s priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
4. Review daily menu specials and offer feedback to Sous Chefs.
5. Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
6. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
7. Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
8. Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly. Communicate needs with Purchasing and Storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
9. Meet with the Executive Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety and sanitation follow up.
10. Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled; document any late or absent employees.
11. Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
12. Ensure that recipe cards, production schedules, plating guides, photographs are current and posted.
13. Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
14. Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
15. Observe guest reactions and confer with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
16. Conduct frequent walk through’s of each kitchen area and direct respective personnel to correct any deficiencies. Ensure that quality and details are being maintained.
17. Develop new menu items, test and write recipes.
18. Assist Catering department with developing special menus for functions; meet with clients as requested.
19. Review sales and food cost daily; resolve any discrepancies with the Controller.
20. Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
21. Oversee and direct training of new hires in specified phases of the kitchen operation. Maintain an on-going training program for existing staff. Reevaluate positions in the kitchen and make changes wherever necessary.
22. Interview and hire new personnel according to hotel policies and standards.
23. Prepare weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet business demands. Prepare daily/weekly payroll reports.
24. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
25. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work stations; pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line. Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions. Ability to plan and develop menus and recipes. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline, as necessary. Ability to ensure security of kitchen access, products and hotel property. Ability to operate with stress, time constraints, physical activity and continuous walking. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Crescent Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Crescent Hotels & Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Notices:
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 703-563-4395. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Applicant Accommodation Request” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.